Hey everyone, I got tagged (not once but twice!) for the Mystery Blogger Award, so I will be answering both sets of questions in this post! The Mystery Blogger Award was originally created by Okoto Enigma, and I was tagged by the lovely Virginia @ The Sassy Library Fox & Noly @ The Artsy Reader. Thank you Noly and Virginia! (And you should all definitely go check out both of these blogs!)
I actually did this award once already, back when I was just a newborn baby blogger, but we do not talk about any posts of mine written more than a year ago. Or better yet, any posts of mine written more than 3-4 months ago.
(Also this post is slightly cringy because I wrote it months ago, but I need something to post and this isn’t too horrible embarrassing, soooo… 😬)
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me:
- I’m incredibly shy, but I also live for centre stage. I can’t even function in a normal conversation half the time, but I do both public speaking and drama, and I THRIVE when I’m in the spotlight. I don’t know why. But it’s just such a magical feeling for me, to be in front of a crowd/up on stage, with all eyes on me. Also I have almost no stage fright and I’m just as confused by this as you are.
- I have a bad tendency or staying up wayyyyy too late. It’s currently 11:30 PM, which isn’t bad, but I’ll probably end up staying up for another few hours finishing this post and/or watching youtube.
- I’m homeschooled, which is wonderful and gives me a lot of freedom as to what I do with my time (and I wouldn’t trade it for anything), but also leads to some really awkward times where I’m just sitting there listening to a conversation (or reading a book) and just wondering “How the hell does school even work?”
1 – Let’s start with the funny question: Do you have any pet peeves? (funny answers appreciated)
I one hundred percent have about a million pet peeves, but for some reason the second I’m asked what they are I completely forget all of them.
Okay, I’ve got ONE off the top of my head: Obnoxious people on busses. The ones who talk at the top of their voices particularly. Like, were you not taught from a young to use your INDOOR VOICE when indoors? Yeah? Well that applies to when you’re on a bus too. Or in fact, I think it applies even more so than when you’re in your own house. Busses are crowded and noisy enough already, WITHOUT the added noise of people yelling. It’s just courtesy. If everyone on the bus can hear every word you say, you need to tone it down a bit.
ALSO the people who set their bags on the seats when the bus is full. If the bus is mostly empty, do whatever you want, but if there are people STANDING? MOVE THE DARN BAG. If I can take up only one seat with my backpack purse AND suitcase, you can manage with ONE bag.
Look, I rely on busses for transport, so I have a lot of bus related frustration, okay?
2 – Which three words would you use to describe yourself?
Awkward. Bookish. Silly.
3 – If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life and it cannot be pizza, what would it be?
It probably wouldn’t be pizza anyways to be honest. I LIKE pizza well enough, but I can’t eat it more than a few days in a row without getting tired of it.
But what WOULD it be??? I have no clue. I get tired of food fast. Health concerns aside, I’d probably say chocolate? But actual food that is not dessert? I feel like I could eat a lot of salad.
4 – What is the best thing that happened to you since you started your blog?
Blogging has been amazing in so many ways, but I think the main ones are all the amazing people I’ve met, and all the amazing books I’ve read. This community is so loving and supportive, and I literally love you all so much.
5 – If you could give new bloggers three tips you wish you had known before you started your blog, what would they be?
This is really hard? I still have no clue what I’m doing, sooo… Ugh why is this so hard. Okay, here we go:
Gah can I not please? I feel like I have no clue what I’m talking about, and all my advice is really cliche. Be yourself. Connect with other bloggers. Actually design your blog? Don’t be like me and still not have much of a blog design a year and a half in. This is not helpful advice, because everyone except for me DID that, but… seriously. Do it. 😂
1 – Who is your favourite book side character? (I know we all have them! XD)
I have sooooo many! I always love the side characters way more than the protagonist… Here have a
short long list of them:
- Nikolai Lanstov from the Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo. Yes, he’s getting his own book, but I don’t care. He’s a side character in Grisha and I love him with all of my heart!
- Bliss Lai from I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman. Bliss is a badass bisexual icon and I love her sooooo much!! She was amazing.
- Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter. Look Luna is amazing. She’s my favourite HP character (which is saying something) and she so sweet and quirky and just let me scream my love for Luna, okay??
- Abby Suso from Simon Vs The Homo sapiens Agenda. I love this girl with my entire heart! She is just SUCH an amazing supportive friend (and something of a badass), and I swear every time I read this book I just desperately need her as a friend.
- Andrew Minyard from The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic. Does he even count as a side character? He’s a pretty big character, but I think he still counts. AND I LOVE HIM SO MUCH MY PRECIOUS BABY!!! But ya know what even if he doesn’t count as a side character, basically ANY of the foxes could count, because I love them all.
- CHRISTOPHER WOLFE AND NIC SANTI from the Great Library series by Rachel Caine. I LOVE THESE TWO SO MUCH!!! OH MY GOD MY HEART I NEED THEM TO BE HAPPY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
- Glisselda from Seraphina by Rachel Hartman. LOVE HER. But then I was scrolling through reviews to try and find her last name (I couldn’t find it) and remembered twelve dozen other side characters I love!
Okay three(I went looking for one of their names and it’s four now) … Abdo! Lars! Orma! Viridius! I just love ALL the characters in Seraphina?? They’re all amazing and now I miss them can I please reread this RIGHT NOW???
- Zuzana from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. While I wouldn’t say I love this series I DEFINITELY LOVE ZUZANA! She was the best part of the entire series, and I adore her so much!!
- Oh so many more, but I’ll shut up about side characters now. This list is long enough.
2 – A quote you love and know by heart?
“Kell wore a very peculiar coat.
It had neither one side, which would be conventional, nor two, which would be unexpected, but several, which was, of course, impossible.” ~ V.E. Schwab, A Darker Shade of Magic
I love this quote! It’s the very beginning to A Darker Shade of Magic, and by the time I’d finished reading it, I was hooked. I could just tell that this book was going to be GOOD. And what do you know, I was right! This is now easily one of my favourite series of all time.
3 – What is the most amazing place you’ve ever been to?
I’ve been to a lot of amazing places. My family has traveled a lot, so I’ve seen ALL sorts of gorgeous scenery. Plus as much as I take I for granted, I live in a truly beautiful place. So this is HARD. Also they’ve all sort of blurred together? Whoops. I have a weakness for waterfalls though, so probably one of those.
4 – If you could jump right into a movie or book and act as a character in there which one would it be? (That’s supposed to be the weird question… >_<)
Okay, so I actually got asked this the other day in public speaking, oddly enough. And I’m going to give the exact same answer here as I did there.
So my first thought when I heard this question was that everything I read is dark and murderous and I would DIE in an instant. Which is pretty true. So that knocks all the fantasy and sci-fi and dark contemporary out of the running.
And then I thought, hmmmm… What is an amazing squad of characters I’d love to meet? And naturally my mind went to the character I’m always saying I need as my friend: Abby Suso. Not to mention Simon and Blue. And the rest of them are great too. SO. I would like to be like… one of those girls Leah is friends with or something (Anna and Morgan? I think those are their names??), so that I could be friends with all the amazing characters in this book! (This is definitely logical, trust me.)
5 – What’s your idea of a perfect day? (I’m already curious about the answers to that one! *lol*)
My idea of a perfect day… It would start with me getting up nice and early, but like, actually naturally waking up early for once, because being woken up by my foghorn of an alarm is NOT the perfect start to my day.
Then I’d go downstairs and eat crepes for breakfast (YUM), and read for a few hours with my music blasting.
After that, meet up with friends in a bookstore. We’d buy books, and talk, and then we’d head back to one of our houses, and just chill, have dinner, and talk.
It’s just simple, but that’s how I’m happiest. Reading, relaxing, eating yummy food, and spending time with friends.
My Best Posts…
Erm… Here are a few I liked? I haven’t posted much since the summer, soooo… I don’t have very many recent posts.
- My Grishaverse trilogy review
- My old, slightly cringy but still fun bookshelf tour
- I don’t even know what else??? Mostly I just have tags and wrap ups, which are fun and all, but not actually all that notable.
- Luana @ Bookstormgirl
- Lost @ The Chronicles of Tick Tock
- Brianna @ Brianna the Bookworm
- Rain @ Bookdragonism
- Aline @ Fully Booked
- Ioana @ Dragon Waffles
- What were your favourite books growing up? (I literally ask everyone this question oops)
- What is something that your followers might be surprised to learn about you?
- If you could travel into the most recent book you read as a mythical creature, which creature would you be? (This is the weird one… Which was I’m sure obvious because it’s incredibly random and strange.)
- Who do you admire?
- Who are your OTPs?