Hey look at me! Posting this a week into February instead of over a month ago, when I should have posted it, or a few weeks ago, when I actually planned to post it.
I am a failure at blogging oops.
Anyways, let’s get started! This is the second half of the bookish end of year survey! (You can find the first half HERE)
24. Best World building/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Red London! From Shades of Magic! By which I mean all the worlds in Shades of Magic, not just Red London, it’s just that Red London is my favourite and I want to live there.
Also though Ketterdam, the City of Sin, and Weep.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
I really enjoyed Always Never Yours, which was super cute and fun! And of course Gentleman’s Guide is soooo funny and never fails to make me smile! (And Gentleman’s Guide to Getting Lucky was super hilarious too!)
Also Night of Cake and Puppets was SO FUN and I adored it! (It was maybe possibly better than the actual trilogy in my opinion)(Okay it definitely was better than the actual trilogy.)
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2018?
I cry over books easily soooo… a lot.
- Lord of Shadows (THE ENDING. IT HURTTTTTTT.)
- Tess of the Road (This whole book was just slow, painful heartbreak.)
- Far From the Tree (I don’t even remember anything about it, I just remember crying over it.)
- A Thousand Perfect Notes (UGH THIS HURT MY HEART)
- Every Exquisite Thing (Hush yes this is a Shadowhunters short story that was like 50 pages long. Yes it made me cry.)
- Song of Achilles (AJHHGFGHM THIS BOO HURT TOO MUCH MY HEARRRRRTTT)
- Girl Made of Stars (This book. Wow. So good. So heartbreakingly painful.)
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post (Ugly crying very publicly at a bus stop. Why did I start this book in public??)
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo (WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!)
- Summer Bird Blue (This book is slow wonderful torture.)
- Queen of Air and Darkness (Oh look! We’re back where we started! With more Shadowhunters! WHY DOES CASSANDRA CLARE DO THIS TO US????)
Hehehehe so yeah… there was a lot of emotional pain this year. (There were plenty more heartbreaking books too, that I just managed to hold back the tears during.)
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Abyss Surrounds Us! This book isn’t getting NEARLY enough hype but it’s sooooooo good and deserves all the love!!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Lord of Shadows/Queen of Air and Darkness. Enough said.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2018?
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo is unlike anything I have ever read before, and anything I ever will read. It’s just… something else entirely. I don’t even know how to put it into words but this book is truly a masterpiece and it needs to be read by everyone.
30. Favorite review that you wrote in 2018?
I’m really proud of the review I wrote for Lady’s Guide! I was having a hard rime reviewing it, but then all of a sudden it just all came pouring out, and I spent a lot of time on it, and I’m just proud of it.
31. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
32. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2018?
I’ve made a lot of amazing blogging friends this year, and I’m so so grateful to them, and they’ve definitely been a highlight of my year!
33. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Actually blogging/reading instead of wasting time looking at the internet.
34. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
The Mid-Year Freakout Tag! I’d forgotten I’d even DONE the mid-year freakout tag, but… apparently it’s my most viewed post this year!
35. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
All of them?? Lol I don’t really have a specific one, I just really wish I was getting more interaction in general! 🙁3
36. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes! I completed most of my reading goals (although not my blogging ones oops). I actually did a full post about my goals a few weeks ago, and you can find it HERE.
37. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2018 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2019?
Soooooo many! Since it’s already a few weeks into 2019, I’ve already read a few that I didn’t *quite* get to in 2018 – Girls of Paper and Fire and This is What it Feels Like, both of which were amazing! As for ones I still haven’t read… Hullmetal Girls is one I own and desperately want to read! As is How To Make A Wish! So those two are definitely high priority.
38. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2019 (non-debut)?
Once again, I can’t choose just one.
- The Boy Who Steals Houses by CG Drews – After reading and loving her debut I obviously NEED this!
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo – Does this shock anyone? No it does not. I’m obsessed with Light Bardugo and this world and most importantly, NIKOLAI.
- Red Scrolls of Magic + Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare – Again is anyone surprised? No. I am Shadowhunters trash and I will read anything this woman writes.
39. 2019 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
- The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman – This book sounds FREAKING AMAZING, and I’ve been following the author online for a few months now and she’s lovely and also keeps posting about the book and making me NEED IT DESPERATELY.
- I Wish You All The Best by Mason Deaver – Non-binary! Main character! By a non-binary! Author!
40. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2019?
- King of Fools by Amanda Foody – Ace of Shades was AMAZING and I NEED THE SEQUEL RIGHT NOW.
- Sword and Pen by Rachel Caine – Despite thinking the title is… super lame… I’m really hyped for this conclusion! I adore this series soooo… This should be great!